Thursday, January 13, 2011

Edublogger Challenge

So, I decided back in December to take the kick start your blog challenge, but when it started, I completely forgot about it. Good news is, it only started yesterday...so I was able to catch up. The second challenge is to make a post, simple enough...but I'm kinda stumped as to what to write about....

Today at school, I have been starting the kids on a new art contest project. Unfortunaltly our school is so small that we cannot actually participate in the huge Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo contest, so we hold our own. Last year the kids did an awesome job and really enjoyed the competition between one another, this year I opened the constet up to our older students too and I am allowing them to work in any medium they choose, so far I am extremely impressed by what they are deciding to do. I have several students working in 3D mediums, creating wire sculptures, bead art, and I even have one student working in duct tape! I am actually really excited to see his final project.

1 comment:

Heather Davis said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I don't blog very regularly but have joined the challenge to try and improve my consistency.

I love your background. I live in Beijing and we are coming up to Chinese New Year in a couple of weeks. Your background is perfect - it made me smile and the colours made me think of spring which are thoughts that are badly needed when it is 8 degrees outside.

Good luck, Heather
http://lifewithheather.wordpress.com
http://teachlesslearnmore.edublog.com