While reading through many other posts on from the Edublogger Teacher Challenge, I keep coming across this type of post and I thoroughly enjoy reading them so I thought I would post one of my own to help my readers (thank you for the 3 of you!) learn even more about me. I am still struggling to create an About Me page on Blogger, so if anyone knows how to do that comment me and I'll get on that ASAP!
7. I have been in a dating relationship for 7 years to a wonderful man named Derek.
6. I love watching sports. This is a very good thing too since sports takes up a huge percentage of my life. Derek is the athletic director at the Quillian Center and we do a lot of sports ministry. This includes youth basketball games, coaching, youth flag football, and going to many, MANY, many sporting events in Houston.
5. I was extremely lucky to be able to represent the United States when I was 14 as a People to People Sports and Education Ambassador to Australia and New Zealand.
4. I love architecture. I actually was an architecture major in college for two years before I switched my major to education. I love all aspects of design (which I guess is why I really like being an art teacher) as well as architectural and cultural history.
3. I am still working on my degree. Gasp! I know! I am so ready to be finished with it but teaching and going to school to become a teacher slows down that process some.
2. I love to travel but don't get to do it very often. One of my life's goals is to get to travel to a huge list of places (if your there I would love to know, also let me know what I should go see! Any good local spots to check out?) Rome(and all of Italy really), Washington State, California, Oregon State, Washington DC, Tahiti, Fiji, Australia (I know I've already been, but I would really like to go back!) and SO many others. (If you live somewhere really cool or have been somewhere really neat, let me know, I would love to add to my list.
1. And the number one thing that you don't need to know about me is....I love to cook. I mean I really love to cook. At times I think I should have gone into a profession where I make more money so that I can buy more ingredients that are from exotic places that I can learn to cook with. I love tasting new things, which is probably why I like to go to new places so much.
Well, I hope that gives you a little better idea about me. I hope you subscribe (and don't forget to leave me a comment and your link so that I can follow you too!)